Larry Goes to Fuengirola. (11) Thursday 19 May 2022

Before I left Camper Sierra I went for a short walk in the country around, which turned out to be surprisingly green and pleasant. Lots of wild flowers..

Nice, unspoilt countryside 

Banks of these attractive purple flowers everywhere..


A bit surprised to see these growing there, though. Apparently it is a satellite communications centre, no longer in use ..

After that I left, fully watered and powered up, and headed towards Soria, Pamplona, Roncevalles (of dreaded memory! Camino de Santiago: 500 farting/snoring pilgrims and me, all in the one room) and back into La France. And frankly, it is nice to be here, back in the land of Auchan and Carrefour. And don't believe what they tell you, diesel is cheaper here in France too. €1,80 at carrefour, about £1.65/l.

 So here I am now in St Jean-Pied-de-Port,  snug in the municipal campervan park. €11 per night, all facilities included. I have booked up for two nights, but I am thinking I may prefer to head up into the Pyrenees proper tomorrow. I will see how I feel, but St J is a bit too much of a pilgrim destination for me. All those plastic bottles of holy water etc etc ... not nearly as bad as Lourdes, but heading that way.

Larry ensconced in the municipal camper park..


  .. which is quite big. This is one corner of it







Comments