Larry Goes to Fuengirola. (4) Thursday 12 May 2022

 Very quiet night in the forest, just the occasional owl. The weather seems to be changing - it has been warm and sunny until now, but it rained in the night and now it is overcast and dull, though there has no more rain.

Leisurely breakfast the next morning, and set off towards St Jean de Luz. En route I stopped twice, once in Parentis-en-born, which had a substantial market, and then in Mimizan, a bigger but very quiet town. 







Parentis market was big - this is only a part of it. I couldn't find a good photo to take in Mimizan..

It was a pleasant drive down through the remarkable forest of Landes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/ForetLandes.JPG/1268px-ForetLandes.JPG


The forest is manmade, but it covers over 1 million hectares.

When I got to St Jean de Luz I went to the campsite I had carefully selected, but it was closed. Apparently it opens on Saturday! No good for me so i carried on to Hendaye.


The North Atlantic. You can't quite see Hendaye yet, the buildings in the distance are in Spain and belong to Irun. The waves are huge and there is a lot of surfing thereabouts.

I am now esconced in Camping Ametza, a large and very well-appointed campsite on the outskirts of Hendaye. I am on pitch 333 and every pitch has its own lavatory ... fortunately, it is not crowded at this time of year. I will stay here tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow I will try to plan the itinerary for the rest of my stay, at least until I get back to Spain..


Comments